The media has been rather discouraging lately about the possibility of having a scientific career and raising a family. This inspired us to collect stories from women who are making it work. Without denying the challenges of the work/life balance for everyone, we hope that you can take advice and encouragement from their testimonials.
This is a collection of links pertaining to issues for women in engaging in an academic career.
- New York Times article on women in science
- Slate article on the “baby penalty”.
- New Scientist article on stemming the loss of women faculty.
- Anne Churchland’s list of women neuroscientists.
- Look at this! Profiles of 64 British science mothers.
- Here’s some great advice from a Harvard faculty mom about enjoying your job, enjoying your life, and not listening to advice.